Why Berkley Risk?
Over the years we have developed a solutions-oriented team environment focused on delivering superior customer experiences every day. We’re committed to innovation and continuous improvement. We strive to maintain a culture where our employees have a quality work-life balance so they can thrive both at and outside of work.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage with an annual company contribution to your HSA, company paid life insurance, a wellness program, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing and employee stock purchase plan. We also encourage employees to get involved in their community through our Volunteering Program. Our employees enjoy a casual dress code.
For employees at our Minneapolis Headquarters our office is skyway connected with complimentary access to an onsite fitness center. In addition, we offer discounted Metro Transit to Minneapolis employees.
The Administrative Services Clerk performs a variety of office support functions and may specialize in one area of office services. The primary task for this position is data entry of new property and casualty claims.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Accurate property and casualty claim data entry into our claim handling system
- Ability to review loss notices to properly identify line of coverage
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail of all types on a priority basis daily
- Print and sort checks, prepare for mailing
- Monitor and handle incoming faxes, emails, online claims and phone calls
- Research mail, reported claims and phone calls via a PC
- Make phone calls or send emails to agents/trust members to request missing information
- Identify duplicate claims
- Prepare, scan, index and store claim documents
- Print daily open and closed claim reports as needed
- Provide backup coverage & assistance within the claim department
- PC claim audit data entry as needed
- Print, sort, log and prepare checks for mailing as needed
- Prepare and process claim acknowledgements and/or confirmations daily
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The following education, experience and skills requirements are necessary to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Property and casualty insurance and/or claims experience preferred
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to type 40 wpm/96% accuracy
- 10-key by touch
- Excellent typing and computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Past office experience desirable
Please include the job number in the subject line of email.
Thank you for your interest.
Berkley Risk Administrators Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability, public assistance status or any other legally protected status.