Why Berkley Risk?
Over the years we have developed a solutions-oriented team environment focused on delivering superior customer experiences every day. We’re committed to innovation and continuous improvement. We strive to maintain a culture where our employees have a quality work-life balance so they can thrive both at and outside of work.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage with an annual company contribution to your HSA, company paid life insurance, a wellness program, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing and employee stock purchase plan. We also encourage employees to get involved in their community through our Volunteering Program. Our employees enjoy a casual dress code.
For employees at our Minneapolis Headquarters our office is skyway connected with complimentary access to an onsite fitness center. In addition, we offer discounted Metro Transit to Minneapolis employees.
POSITION SUMMARY/OVERVIEW: Responsible for managing a caseload consisting of incoming and more complex workers’ compensation cases including extended disability cases, litigation, employer’s liability claims, and claims assigned by Claim Supervisor. Responsible for all technical aspects of claim management for assigned files including compliance with all established performance guidelines.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Investigate claims and make appropriate decisions regarding claim compensability and general claims management for assigned files.
• Document claim handling activities; create and document action plans.
• Establish appropriate case reserves.
• Actively manage medical treatment and disability while assisting the injured worker to return to work.
• Comply with all performance guidelines.
• Identify loss trends and communicate to supervisor and/or clients.
• Use automated diary system to issue indemnity payments and for claims management
• Investigate and manage claim subrogation and negotiate settlements.
• Manage coverage B or conflict of interest cases as assigned.
• Address customer complaints and inquiries in an exemplary and professional manner.
• Participate in client claim reviews when scheduled or requested.
• Occasional travel may be out of town requiring overnight stay.
• May perform other functions as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The following education, experience and skill requirements are necessary to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Two years post-high school education and five years’ experience in workers compensation claims management or BA/BS degree with three years’ experience. Experience must include litigation, subrogation and complex medical/legal issues.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of workers’ compensation administration rules/laws.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Must be able to interface with clients, legal counsel, health care professionals, etc.
• Good math and analytical ability.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Basic PC skills and a working knowledge of Windows environment. Experience with a client/server based claims processing system desirable.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and carry vehicle insurance coverage.
Please include the job number in the subject line of email.
Thank you for your interest.
Berkley Risk Administrators Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability, public assistance status or any other legally protected status.